OpenStack Liberty Installation Guide: Content Update¶
After the RST conversion, change the network architecture and update configuration options as Liberty approaches usability.
Refer to the Installation Guide RST conversion spec for more information about the RST conversion.
Refer to the Installation Guide for Debian spec for more information about the Debian guide.
For the Liberty time frame, the following tasks need to be accomplished for the Installation Guide:
- Architectural changes for network paths
- Configuration changes
- Change the architecture to remove nova-network path.
- Change existing neutron path to use the Linux bridge agent.
- Add a neutron path to implement provider networks with the Linux bridge agent.
- Update configuration items using a combination of the configuration reference and packages as they become available for Liberty.
- As time and resources permit, implement optional enhancements TBD.
- Primary assignee:
- Other contributors:
- berendt dguitarbite jaegerandi ionosphere80
- Remove nova-network path.
- Change neutron conventional (tenant/external) network path from Open vSwitch to Linux bridge agent.
- Add neutron provider network path with Linux bridge agent.
- Update configuration items (TBD).
Liberty milestone or RC packages for each distribution supported by the Installation Guide.
- All distributions supported by the Installation Guide must complete testing of at least core services (Identity, Image Service, Compute, and Networking) and successfully launch an instance using both provider and conventional (tenant/external) network paths. Distributions that do not meet these criteria risk temporarily removal from publication.