ofagent: port monitoring w/o ovsdb accesses¶
ofagent currently scans ovsdb (via ovs-vsctl command) to get a list of ports. ovsdb is not likely available for other openflow switch implementations.
- implement the functionality using OFPMP_PORT_DESC instead of ovsdb.
- (optional) use OFPT_PORT_STATUS asynchronous messages to avoid periodic polling.
- as there is no pure openflow equivalent for port external-ids, we plan to use port name to identify devices. (as linuxbridge does)
- implement switch-specific methods for every switch implementations
- use of-config at a glance of the spec, it doesn’t seem usable at this point, though.
Data model impact¶
REST API impact¶
Other end user impact¶
in case asyncronous messages are used, performance might be improved.
Other deployer impact¶
- Primary assignee:
- Other contributors:
see “Proposed change” section.
but some of bug fixes need to be merged to make this useful. for example, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/88224/
ryu/ofagent third party testing would find regressions.
- OpenFlow 1.3.3 126.96.36.199 Port Description
- OpenFlow 1.3.3 7.4.3 Port Status Message