A10 Networks LBaaS Driver¶
Resubmitting Icehouse BP. Neutron/LBaaS driver for A10 Networks appliances.
The new driver would allow using A10 Networks ADC appliances (hardware or software) as backends for Neutron/LBaaS functionality.
The driver will implement the interfaces in the lbaas abstract_driver, using axAPI version 2.1, a JSON HTTP interface for configuring A10 appliances. The currently implemented methods are:
Among the current LBaaS functionality (as of Icehouse), the only unsupported feature is APP_COOKIE persistence.
Driver will support the upcoming Juno LBaaS object model changes. Juno TLS support will be included in a future blueprint.
Data model impact¶
REST API impact¶
Other end user impact¶
Other deployer impact¶
- A10 driver code
- Unit tests
- Voting CI
Driver likely affected by LBaaS model and TLS changes for Juno:
- Unit tests
- A10 QA
- Existing LBaaS tests provide complete coverage, if driver is installed and configured (as our CI will do.)
- Not testable in gate, requires hardware. Third party CI will be in place.
- Github repo: https://github.com/a10networks/a10_lbaas_driver
- axAPI reference and examples: http://www.a10networks.com/products/axseries-aXAPI.php
- Old description doc: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2tCOk4L0wErdEpfdGtPMXpqM0k/edit