Support Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)
- At the moment Fuel provisions Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) as a Host OS.
- ISO Build System is specifically designed for Precise. It doesn’t allow to
build Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) as Host System. It doesn’t have any flexibility
for any further Ubuntu Releases.
- Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) uses Ruby 1.9 by default. Fuel Puppet Providers have
not been designed for Ruby 1.9.
- Many Packages were backported from Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty). In MOS 6.1 the
number of modified system packages (haproxy, MySQL, Galera) should be
minimized as much as possible.
- Adapt Build System to make iso with Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) packages.
- Adapt Puppet’s Manifests for Ruby 1.9
- Minimize the number of customized packages required by MOS.
- Build MOS specific packages for Ubuntu 14.04 (OpenStack Components and MOS
related such as Ceph)
Due to significant difference between Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) and Ubuntu 14.04
(Trusty) Cloud Operators won’t be able to upgrade already installed clouds to
Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty). Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) will be offered as option only for
new cloud installations. Meanwhile already deployed clusters will be able to
add compute nodes as well as controllers as Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) repo won’t
Other end user impact
Other deployer impact
Deployment Engineers as well as System Test will require to use
export OPENSTACK_RELEASE=”Juno on Ubuntu 14.04.1”
- Modify Build System to allow to build ISO with Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)
- Adapt Puppet Ruby providers for Ruby 1.9
- Build MOS Packages for Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)
- ISO with Ubuntu 14.04 passes all BVT & Swarm system tests
- All main clusters configurations can be successfully deployed
- All additional components like Sahara, Murano, Ceilometer, Zabbix
are to be deployed