Create default templates for Sahara
Automatically creating plugins templates for Sahara
A detailed description of the problem:
- Currently after succesful deployment of OpenStack with Sahara, templates
for Sahara should be created manually. However, in order to determine if an
environment is properly configured, Sahara plugins are necessary.
That is why this spec adds the possibility to create Sahara plugin templates.
Automatic creation of Sahara plugins templates can be implemented by
adding a Sahara post-install script, which will add templates for the
following Sahara plugins:
- HortonWorks Data Platform (HDP);
- Cloudera distribution Hadoop (CDH);
It is necessary to ensure that obsolete templates are managed properly. For
now, templates have static names to ensure idempotency.
Other end user impact
Users will be able to interact with this feature after OpenStack deployment.
Other deployer impact
- Primary assignee:
- Add example templates for Sahara plugins (degorenko)
- Add script which will create templates for Sahara
from example templates (degorenko)
- Modify Sahara puppet module to make use of this script (degorenko)
- Deploy OpenStack with Sahara
- Open Sahara Dashboard (Data Processing),
open tab Cluster/Node Group Templates
- Check that templates were created
Fuel docs will include notes about how it automatically creates Sahara